Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Morning Ramblings


This is my new best friend. Okay not really, but he is awesome. Notice the dogs, the hat, and the Hunter Wellies. 

This morning, I decided that I wanted to explore another market. London has tons of markets, and I was really impressed with Borough Market. So impressed in fact, that I have been three times. But despite the awesome meat pies, paella and chocolate, I decided it was high time that I explored another market. I made the decision to visit Venn Street Market because it made it through the exhaustive market decision process that consisted of questions like "Is this market open on Saturday mornings?" and "Is it more than 30 minutes from my flat?". I got up at the crack of dawn (9:30) and made my way across the city. The market itself was really small, and a little bit of a letdown, but the trip was not in vain, because the area around the market had some awesome little shops, and a park! I really like parks. I miss wide open spaces. I wandered around for a while, and found a really cool little shop called Oliver Bonas.


BOOKS! Notice the publication dates for the "Dont's"books. They have some pretty sage advice.

More about asking random strangers (like my new best friend) if I can take their picture, and chili, coming soon!

-El



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha makin' friends everywhere you go! If you are visiting all of these markets, where are my presents!!!! haha just kidding! It's also good to hear that your missing something about Texas. Do people call you tex there? Do they think you have a southern accent?

    ReplyDelete