Friday, February 1, 2013

Day Two, and You Still Aren't Wearing Enough Black

Before I came to London, I was told that people in London wear a lot of black. Man, they weren't kidding. When my flatmates and I hopped on the tube Tuesday morning to head to our international induction at the UEL Docklands campus (we only took the wrong train once!), we stood out. It probably didn't help that we were not confidently striding everywhere, and had to look at signs.

You know how I said we weren't in nearly enough black?

Alexis, me, and Maddison at the Dockland's campus

Alexis's jacket was navy blue, and my shirt was white. Way too much colour.

Induction was long, but we did learn some important information. Oh, and some information it would have been really important to have known two months ago. But hey, y'all can learn from my mistakes. UEL, and several other universites have people in their international office that are CERTIFIED TO PROVIDE VISA ADVICE BY THE BRITISH HOME OFFICE. I just wasn't talking to any of those people in the international office. I made it though, and that is all that really matters.

Tuesday night we had some other international students over for dinner, and since we have no pots and pans to speak of (or cups, or plates, or silverware...), we had frozen pizza. It was a whole lot of fun! Term doesn't start until next week, so we haven't really met any of the students from here yet.

I am so glad to be here, and I can't wait to explore more!

-El

1 comment: